Robust, powerful, and low-maintenance: Our explosion-proof K..EDR.. helical-bevel gearmotors are highly efficient and sure to impress. They offer all the benefits of a standard gearmotor, plus explosion protection.
Explosion-proof helical-bevel gearmotors for sensitive system environments
With a K..EDR.. helical-bevel gearmotor, you are guaranteed a trusted drive that will win you over with its high efficiency.
With its ATEX-compliant design, our K..EDR.. helical-bevel gearmotor is your perfect drive solution for areas with limited space. This angular drive's high-quality rotational tooth elements make it both particularly efficient and low-maintenance.
This explosion-proof helical-bevel gearmotor from SEW‑EURODRIVE is available to you in equipment categories II2GD and II3GD. The K..EDR.. helical-bevel gearmotor is also impressive thanks to its strong service profile. With this drive solution, you can operate at power levels between 0.12 kW and 45 kW, depending on the individual configuration.
All explosion-proof helical-bevel gearmotors in the K..EDR.. series come in either a foot-mounted or flange-mounted design – with either a solid shaft or a hollow shaft. This trusted gearmotor's wide range of variants, along with its compact design and high efficiency, make it very versatile.
Configure your own product
Save installation spaceOur ATEX-compliant K..EDR.. helical-bevel gearmotor optimally utilizes available installation space.
Reliable operationThe explosion-proof design of the helical-bevel gearmotor is a vital component of your explosion protection concept.
Reduce maintenance costsThe K..EDR.. helical-bevel gearmotor is particularly easy and cost-efficient to maintain.
Explosion-proof helical-bevel gear units
K series: three-stage
- Gear units comply with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categories 2 and 3
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in conjunction with EAC certificates (successor to GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protection guaranteed by safe construction (design safety)
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- High efficiency
- Gearing with high fatigue strength
- Long, maintenance-free service life
- Available versions:
- Foot-mounted or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid or hollow shaft
- Hollow shaft with keyed connection, shrink disk, splined hollow shaft, or TorqLOC
Sizes K..37 to K..187, explosion-proof (three stages)
- Double gear units for very low output speeds also available
- Reduced backlash variant
Explosion-proof AC motors
- Compliant with EC Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) and IECEx
- Can be used in categories 2G, 2GD and 3GD, 3D for zones 1 / 21 and 2 / 22
- Slso available as brakemotor in category 3
- Conform to the efficiency class IE2
- In accordance with IECEx to EPL Gb and Db as well as Gc and Dc
- In accordance with the IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme, EDRS and EDRE motor types are audited and certified by PTB by means of ExTr, QAR, and CoC. For more information on the certification system, see the website of the International Electrotechnical Commission.
- Operation on a frequency inverter, also in field-weakening operation, for categories 2 and 3 and/or EPL .b and .c
- According to HazLoc-NA® (NEC500/C22.1)
- Motors are certified according to the Class Division System and therefore meet the explosion protection requirements for the North American market
- Available as CID2 type, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D
- Available as CIID2 type, Division 2 Class II for dust groups F and G
- Available as type /CICIID2, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D and Class II for dust groups F and G
- Also available as brakemotor
- Operation with frequency inverter possible
|Gear units||EDR.. motors|
|Gear unit size||MaMax. Gear unit
|37||200||71S4 – 100LC4||0.12 – 3|
|47||400||71S4 – 100LC4||0.12 – 3|
|57||600||71S4 – 132M4||0.12 – 5.5|
|67||820||71S4 – 132M4||0.12 – 5.5|
|77||1550||71S4 – 160M4||0.12 – 9.2|
|87||2700||71M4 – 180L4||0.37 – 18.5|
|97||4300||80S4 – 225M4||0.55 – 45|
|107||8000||100M4 – 225M4||2.2 – 45|
|127||13 000||132M4 – 225M4||3.0 – 45|
|157||18 000||160M4 – 225M4||9.2 – 45|
|167||32 000||160M4 – 225M4||9.2 – 45|
|187||50 000||160M4 – 225M4||9.2 – 45|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive areas with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Applications with equipment categories II2GD and II3GD
- Use with air mixtures
- Pallet conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors
- Hoists and lifting stations
- Scissor lift tables
- Freight elevators
- Travel and lifting drives in stacker cranes