Midwest Region - Troy, OH
Field Service Technician - Troy, OH area
The position involves providing technical assistance and troubleshooting/repair of SEW-EURODRIVE Motion Control Equipment such as VFD’s, Controllers, Fieldbus Gateways, and other electro-mechanical equipment, which includes frequent travel to Customer sites.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Prefer certification or associates degree in electronic engineering/technology
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting/repair of SEW-EURODRIVE electronic and electro/mechanical products to customers.
- Provide technical assistance over the phone.
- Provide assistance with inventory when needed.
- Assist in setting up electronic controllers for customer orders.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and trade shows, conduct field service, and assist customers with application expertise.
- Assist SEW-EURODRIVE DSM’s and customers with application expertise, including mechanical and electrical design engineering.
- Catalog and maintain technical information relating to SEW-EURODRIVE products and applications.
- Generate material for and conduct maintenance and product seminars and training.
- Provide technical, promotional, and sales support to all customers and SEW-EURODRIVE DSM’s.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including using computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions, and SEW-EURODRIVE customer service procedures.
- Ability to understand nomenclature and number assignments of the SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Ability to operate various test instruments, i.e., multimeters, oscilloscopes, strip chart recorders, etc.
SEW-EURODRIVE is a global leader in the power transmission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes, we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100%-paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits, and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit-Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities will be discussed during the interview process.