Midwest Region - Troy, OH
Assembly Workers - 3rd & 2nd shifts
Position involves all aspects of the assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, assembling, repair/restock/warranty evaluations, testing and service, wash/prep/paint, packing, shipping /receiving and general clean up.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience is preferred, including a background in hand assembly.
- Pull parts, hand assembly of gear motors, reducers, and adjustable drives, putting up inventory stock.
- Use calipers, depth and paint mil gauge.
- Must visually inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop. Perform Cycle counts.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Ability to learn SEW-Eurodrive products, including technical details.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck and/or overhead crane.
SEW-EURODRIVE is a global leader in the power transmission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes, we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100%-paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits, and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit-Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities will be discussed during the interview process.