Midwest Region - Troy, OH
Application Engineer - Chicago, IL Area
The position involves providing power transmission application expertise to SEW-EURODRIVE personnel and customers for the purpose of maintaining established sales activity and increasing new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products within the Corporate guidelines. Customers are to be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and businesslike attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Must have a BSME, BSEE or equivalent education plus experience with industrial motors and drives preferred.
- Assist SEW-EURODRIVE DSM’s and customers with application expertise including both mechanical and electrical design engineering.
- Assist inside sales with: requests for quotes and orders for nonstandard product assemblies/modifications to ensure product is technically acceptable and has a low risk of failure, with ratings and technical data on nonstandard products, and training on new products and/or product changes.
- Assure technical compliance by reviewing drive specifications and job requirements as supplied by customers.
- Generate sketches for parts fabrication/modifications.
- Handle complaints of field failures and evaluate all products returned for warranty analysis, document inspections/complaints, generate reports and administer warranty decisions in accordance with SEW-EURODRIVE established procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in and use computer programs including CAD (Solidworks), word processing, database and engineering.
- Located near or willing to relocate to the Greater Chicago area to work out of our Burr Ridge, IL office.
- Additional job requirements and responsibilities to be discussed during the interview process.
- Although we have described above what we are generally looking for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that may make you a great fit. We’d hate to miss out! Please tell us other skills and abilities that you have which may apply by completing a job application and listing those attributes on the application.
- SEW-EURODRIVE provides a generous benefits package to all full time employee. These benefits start on DAY ONE! There is no monthly premium required for Employee's coverage:
- Medical Insurance: Includes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drugs
- Life Insurance: Includes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit•Disability: Includes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- FSA - Flexible Spending account for Medical and/or Dependant Care: Made available annually during open enrollment
- Paid Vacation: Includes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
- Holiday Pay: Includes 12 paid holidays per year
- Retirement Benefits: Includes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
- Additional Paid Time Off (PTO): for hourly positions, unused time is paid out annually
- Paid Parental Leave: To assist and support new parents with balancing work and family matters
- Onsite Clinic Services: On location medical services by licensed providers at no cost to employees
- Onsite Gym: Available at the Lyman, SC and Desoto, TX locations
- Education Assistance Programs: Student Loan Repayment / Tuition Assistance options
- Counseling Resources: Easy and convenient access to professional counseling services online
- Wellness Resources: Utilizing a comprehensive, interactive and personalized wellness program
- Employee Assistance Programs: Five programs to help employees navigate challenging life circumstances
- Affinity Plan Group Discounts: Auto, Home and Pet coverage, and Legal insurance products at a group discount rate
SEW-EURODRIVE is a global leader in the power transmission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes, we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100%-paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits, and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit-Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities will be discussed during the interview process.