Southeast Region - Lyman, SC
Product/Application Engineer - Servo Products (1st shift)
Provide Servomotor, Planetary gear (servogearmotor) and Motion Control product and application expertise to Customers and SEW-EURODRIVE personnel for the purpose of maintaining established sales activity and increasing new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products and systems within the Corporate guidelines. Customers are to be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and businesslike attitude.
The ideal candidate has Mechanical Engineering degree, Mechatronics degree, Electrical background or Electronics background.
Experience in the field of servomotors, planetary gears, drives, motion control, and/or PLC’s is highly beneficial.
- Assist SEW-personnel and customers with application and product expertise for servo motors (PMM, Closed loop systems), planetary gears and applications
- Transfer product knowledge to US employees (Service personnel, District Sales Managers, Motion Control Product Engineers, or others)
- Generate specifications for new products/program revision, description of functions, and customer benefits in coordination with global sales department launching a new product.
- Maintain technical information relating to SEW-EURODRIVE products and applications based upon products assigned.
- Generate material and conduct product seminars/training sessions.
- Provide technical, promotional, and sales support when required.
- Provide selection and pricing assistance to SEW-EURODRIVE technical personnel.
- Plan and coordinate major deadlines for development and product introduction.
- Plan product introduction and related product properties while focusing on market, customer benefits, and strategic goals.
- Make field service calls to review applications and failures when required.
- Do start up support and troubleshooting at customer locations.
Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must be driven and self-motivated
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Travel less than 15%
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Perscription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.