Southeast Region - Lyman, SC
MFG - Paint Dip Booth Utility B Operator (3rd shift) - Lyman, SC
Currently the position involves dipping parts with a hoist into the paint and move them to the staging area amongst other things.
- Normal work hours are 11:00pm - 7:00am
- When requested must be able and willing to work other shifts
- 1st Shift 7:00am - 3:00pm
- 2nd Shift 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Be able to work in a production environment with exposure to chemicals that are used in the paint process.
- Punctual attendance, steady work habits, only taking breaks at the structured times.
- Must wear steel toed safety shoes and safety glasses and other PPE as needed during work hours.
- Dip parts with a hoist into the paint and move them to the staging area.
- Some forklift experience helpful but not necessary
- Must keep work area neat, clean and safe
- Must comply with all ISO quality and work instructions for the job
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area, and properly use and maintain the equipment.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have aptitude required to understand and apply directions for operating various machinery.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to occasionally work in tight spaces.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Ability to work within the Company production environment with exposure to all kinds of oils, and various chemicals (complete list available upon request).
- Work in Lyman Manufacturing plant.
- This is an on-site position.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- When requested, must be able and willing to work other shifts. Normal work hours are: 3rd shift: 11:00pm – 7:00am
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.