Southeast Region - Lyman, SC
MFG - (Entry) Tool Room Machinist (3rd shift)
Primary focus at this time is to rebuild and service housing fixtures, assistance at the Service Gate for the needed parts from the Tool Room's inventory stock, tool settings and ability to perform the basic operation of manual lathes, mills, drill presses, band saws, and run production on CNC's at times to ensure the Manufacturing Production is operating at optimum levels.
3rd Shift 11:00pm - 7:00am (10% shift premium for 2nd and 3rd shift positions)
- Must be able to fully service and trouble shoot all Fixtures within the Manufacturing facility.
- Ability to accurately measure and bend tubing to conform to various designs and shapes of the fixtures for functionality and clearance purposes.
- Must assist with the Tool Room’s service door as fellow employees are requiring components and machining assistance to keep Manufacturing processes moving in a forward direction.
- Must be willing to assist on the Production Floor and aid in the installation of fixtures or any other equipment if required.
- Must be able to navigate the SAP Inventory system and all processes associated within to ensure accuracy of inventory is maintained at all times.
Skills and Abilities
- Mechanically Inclined
- Good with hand tools
- Patient yet persistent
- Multitask very well
- Good people stills
- Additional job requirements and responsibilities to be discussed during the interview process.
- Although we have described above what we are generally looking for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that may make you a great fit. We’d hate to miss out!
- Please tell us other skills and abilities that you have which may apply by completing a job application and listing those attributes on the application.
- SEW-EURODRIVE provides a generous benefits package to all full time employee. These benefits start on DAY ONE!
- There is no monthly premium required for Employee's coverage:
- Medical Insurance Includes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drugs + $125 annual reimbursement for purchase of vitamins*
- Life Insurance worth 2.5 times annual base pay Includes Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Disability Includes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- FSA - Flexible spending account for Medical and/or Dependent Care Made available annually during open enrollment
- Timely Evaluations with potential for a pay increase New Employees are evaluated every six months for the first two years then annually thereafter
- Paid Vacation Includes 2-weeks’ vacation per year, which increases after five years and ten years of service
- Holiday Pay Twelve (12) paid holidays per year
- Retirement Benefits Includes 401(k) with Profit Sharing Contribution and 200% Company Match on the first 3% that you defer to your 401K account
- Additional Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, unused time is paid out annually
- Paid Parental Leave To assist and support new parents with balancing work and family matters
- Onsite Clinic Services On location medical services by licensed providers at no cost to employees
- Onsite Gym Available at the South Carolina and Texas locations
- Education Assistance Programs Student Loan Repayment / Tuition Assistance options
- Counseling Resources Easy and convenient access to professional counseling services online
- Wellness Resources Utilizing a comprehensive, interactive and personalized wellness program with potential to earn points for awards/gift cards
- Uniforms and Subsidies Uniforms (for shop employees) are provided and a subsidy for the annual purchase of safety shoes is included
- Employee Assistance Programs Five programs to help employees navigate challenging life circumstances
- Affinity Plan Group Discounts Auto, Home and Pet coverage, and Legal insurance products at a group discount rate
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.