Southeast Region - Lyman, SC
IG Office - IG Customer Service Representative (1st shift) - Lyman, SC
Provide a high level of technical and sales assistance for the Industrial Gear Products to SEW-Eurodrive customers, potential customers and associates in order to maintain established sales activity and generate new sales within corporate guidelines with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a high level of focus on providing superior Customer Service. Primary duties is to observe, maintain and handle all quote/order requests from the IG Orders &/or IG Quotes mailbox
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have 2-3 years of mechanical customer service experience.
- Sales Support:
- Work within SAP-CRM/ERP.
- Generation of quotations based on established sales policies.
- Handling order processing activities (order entry, order changes, shipment notifications).
- Perform sales support activities, such as coordinating clarifications on actual order issues (changes, shipments, CSP’s).
- Coordinate order entry activities and procedures.
- Closely monitor production and daily reports to ensure that orders are processed properly.
- Transmit & follow up all drawings to be sent via e-mail to customers for approval.
- Creation of order related commercial and technical documentation.
- Filing and organizing customer documents.
- Support Quality Management System procedures.
- Other duties:
- Complete required documentation completely, promptly and accurately.
- Provide sales support to IG Regional Sales Managers, District Sales Managers, direct OEM and User accounts.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW–EURODRIVE’s entire product line and other Industrial Gear products.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks for which he/she feels is unsafe, on which he/she has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices.
- Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have 2-3 years of mechanical customer service experience.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and other technical documents.
- Must exhibit good logical technical knowledge.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Additional job requirements and responsibilities to be discussed during the interview process.
- Although we have described above what we are generally looking for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that may make you a great fit. We’d hate to miss out!
- Please tell us other skills and abilities that you have which may apply by completing a job application and listing those attributes on the application.
- SEW-EURODRIVE provides a generous benefits package to all full time employee. These benefits start on DAY ONE!
- There is no monthly premium required for Employee's coverage:
- Medical Insurance Includes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drugs + $125 annual reimbursement for purchase of vitamins*
- Life Insurance worth 2.5 times annual base pay Includes Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Disability Includes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- FSA - Flexible spending account for Medical and/or Dependent Care Made available annually during open enrollment
- Timely Evaluations with potential for a pay increase New Employees are evaluated every six months for the first two years then annually thereafter
- Paid Vacation Includes 2-weeks’ vacation per year, which increases after five years and ten years of service
- Holiday Pay Twelve (12) paid holidays per year
- Retirement Benefits Includes 401(k) with Profit Sharing Contribution and 200% Company Match on the first 3% that you defer to your 401K account
- Additional Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, unused time is paid out annually
- Paid Parental Leave To assist and support new parents with balancing work and family matters
- Onsite Clinic Services On location medical services by licensed providers at no cost to employees
- Onsite Gym Available at the South Carolina and Texas locations
- Education Assistance Programs Student Loan Repayment / Tuition Assistance options
- Counseling Resources Easy and convenient access to professional counseling services online
- Wellness Resources Utilizing a comprehensive, interactive and personalized wellness program with potential to earn points for awards/gift cards
- Uniforms and Subsidies Uniforms (for shop employees) are provided and a subsidy for the annual purchase of safety shoes is included
- Employee Assistance Programs Five programs to help employees navigate challenging life circumstances
- Affinity Plan Group Discounts Auto, Home and Pet coverage, and Legal insurance products at a group discount rate
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.