Southeast Region - Lyman, SC
Corporate Electronics - Repair Technician (1st shift) - Lyman, SC
Position mainly involves troubleshooting/repair of SEW-EURODRIVE electronic products including motor controllers, communication devices, and programmable controllers.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Prefer experience in industrial electronic board level repair or equivalent education.
- Evaluation and repair of all SEW-EURODRIVE products in the electronic product lines.
- Catalog and maintain technical information relating to SEW-EURODRIVE products and applications.
- Evaluate all products returned for warranty analysis, document inspections/complaints, generate reports and administrate warranty decisions in accordance with SEW-EURODRIVE established procedures.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read schematics and datasheets.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Must have knowledge of all math skills required for basic AC/DC circuit analysis.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Must have proficiency in Electronics theory and circuit analysis.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, and general factory instructions and SEW-EURODRIVE customer service procedures.
- Ability to understand nomenclature and number assignments of the SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Ability to operate various test instruments, i.e., multi-meters, oscilloscopes, strip chart recorders, etc.
- Must have basic soldering skills.
- Must have some basic programming knowledge.
- Prefer experience in industrial electronic board level repair or equivalent education.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
- Work within SEW-EURODRIVE office environment with ability to operate office equipment including telephones, computers, and fax machines.
- Ability to work within the Assembly environment with exposure to chemicals used in the wash/paint process as well as oils, greases, solvents, and cleaners (list available upon request).
- Work in Lyman Assembly plant.
- This is an on-site position.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday. When requested, must be able and willing to work other shifts.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Ability to travel in various modes of transportation for extended periods of time including, but not limited to an automobile or airplane.
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.