Southeast Region - Lyman, SC
Assembly Shop - Shipping/Receiving (1st shift) - Lyman, SC
Position involves all aspects of the Assembly processes including, but not limited to, unloading/loading trucks, receiving/shipping goods with SAP, putting up inventory and pulling parts.
Normal work hours are 7:00AM – 3:30PM, Monday – Friday
- Unloading and loading of various types of trucks and shipping containers.
- Operate material handling equipment, including but not limited to, forklifts, cranes and hoists.
- Use computer for inventory/shipping/receiving in SAP system.
- Verify compliance of parts received by using shop measuring tools and available documentation.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with all departments to verify correct goods received and correct items are shipped.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and work instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop if necessary.
- Assist with inventory functions such as cycle counting, FIFO, and organizational improvements.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Basic computer skills including MS office.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to learn SEW-EURODRIVE products, including technical details.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Ability to work within the Assembly environment with exposure to chemicals used in the wash/paint process as well as oils, greases, solvents, and cleaners (list available upon request).
- Work in Lyman Assembly plant.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 7:00AM – 3:30PM, Monday – Friday. When requested and as required, must be able and willing to work extended hours and other shifts.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.