Western Region - Hayward, CA
Customer Service Representative
Position involves providing technical and sales assistance to SEW-EURODRIVE customers, potential customers and associates in order to maintain established sales activity and generate new sales within corporate guidelines. Customers and associates will be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude.
Educational Requirements / Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in an Applied Science or direct industry experience is preferred
Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Attain and keep current with the knowledge and skills required to provide information, service and assistance.
- Be available as assigned to accept all calls in a professional manner, and determine the nature of the call. Take all possible action including research, working with computer, completing forms and other follow-up to expeditiously insure that accurate information and service is provided.
- Obtain required information and respond when necessary to complete action on inquiries/requests received.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and associated computer data/order entry to accomplish required actions.
- Provide assistance to other employees in a businesslike and professional manner as required.
- Edit orders accurately for input into SAP/Configurator.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on factual information received by analyzing and appraising customer needs.
- Ability to learn and utilize the computer and work within the SAP System.
- Ability to learn and understand the basics of power transmission equipment, associated nomenclature and catalog information in order to meet customer needs and processing procedures.
- Associate’s Degree in an Applied Science or direct industry experience is preferred.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Work within SEW-EURODRIVE office environment with ability to operate equipment including telephones, computers, and fax machines.
- Work in Hayward office.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 1 hour for lunch and two 15 minutes breaks.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Normal tasks accomplished at a desk where the employee is required to sit for extended amounts of time.
- Must be capable of accessing files, and moving and lifting binders and reports.
SEW-EURODRIVE is a global leader in the power transmission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes, we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100%-paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits, and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit-Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities will be discussed during the interview process.