Southwest Region - DeSoto, TX
Assembly Office - Application Engineer
Provide power transmission application expertise to SEW-EURODRIVE personnel and customers for the purpose of maintaining established sales activity and increasing new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products within the Corporate guidelines. Customers are to be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and business-like attitude.
Experience / Educational Requirements / Salary
- Bachelor degree or higher degree in electronics, electrical, mechatronics and computing
- Assist SEW-EURODRIVE DSM’s and customers with application expertise including both mechanical and electrical design engineering.
- Assure technical compliance by reviewing drive specifications and job requirements as supplied by customers.
- Make field service calls to review applications, failures and effect repairs.
- Provide selection and pricing assistance to SEW-EURODRIVE personnel and customers.
- Occasionally travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Occasionally stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and SEW-EURODRIVE customer service procedures.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.