Northeast Region - Bridgeport, NJ
Motion Control Product Engineer/Specialist (1st shift) - Bridgeport, NJ
Introductory basic job describtion goes here... For example: Maintain established sales activity and increase new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products in a defined geographic territory within corporate guidelines.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Technical or Electronics degree preferred, or 5 years’ direct experience.
- Provide SEW-EURODRIVE DSM’s and customers with application expertise including both electrical and mechanical design engineering.
- Size, select and sell electro-mechanical drive systems in a cost conscious manner and low risk of failure. This requires knowledge of important application characteristics such as those found, for example, in winding, indexing and hoisting applications.
- Develop strategies and product comparisons for promoting SEW-EURODRIVE Electronic and Mechanical products in those industries.
- Assist inside sales with: requests for quotes and orders for nonstandard product assemblies/modifications to ensure product is technically acceptable and has a low risk of failure, with ratings and technical data on nonstandard products, and training on new products and/or product changes.
- Must maintain working knowledge of all SEW products.
- Monitor, identify, and improve quality of SEW product and support by working with all personnel.
- Ensure timely responses are provided for all inquiries.
- Support all SEW personnel in their efforts to satisfy company and customer needs.
- Provide electrical expertise, assistance and training for the assembly shop.
- Identify and implement continual improvements to increase safety, quality and productivity.
- Ensure technical compliance by reviewing drive specifications and job requirements as supplied by customers.
- Develop an understanding of the major markets in his or her area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical documentation in a current and orderly manner.
- Assist with regional training needs and provide ongoing complete product training for SEW-EURODRIVE personnel.
- Support SEW-EURODRIVE technical staff and customers in the startup, commissioning, and programming of SEW-EURODRIVE electronic drives.
- Develop training and documentation materials for customer training courses as required.
- Attend training seminars on SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Perform service-related tasks at customer sites.
- Self-train on SEW-EURODRIVE electro-mechanical products on a continuous basis.
- Report issues regarding pricing or features of electronic products to the TASC specialist for incorporation into future products. Relay customer complaints and observations about the electro-mechanical products and documentation in the same way.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skilla and Abilities
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations. Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to attend technical training meetings, seminars and trade shows as requested.
- Technical or Electronics degree preferred, or 5 years’ direct experience.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Work within SEW-EURODRIVE office environment with ability to operate equipment including telephones, computers, and fax machines.
- Work in regional assembly office.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area.
- Position requires regular and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 1 hour for lunch and breaks combined.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Ability to work within plant/production environment at SEW-EURODRIVE locations and customer facilities performing sales/service/repair work. Will be exposed to various industrial environments.
- Ability to work within SEW-EURODRIVE environment with exposure to chemicals, oils/greases (list available upon request), and various types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to travel in various modes of transportation for extended periods of time including, but not limited to an automobile or airplane.
SEW-Eurodrive is a global leader in the power transimission and industrial motion technology. From airport logistics to industrial processes: we keep the world moving. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for our employees.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
Medical InsuranceIncludes Dental Plan, Vision Care, Audio Benefits and Prescription Drug Card
Life InsuranceIncludes Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
DisabilityIncludes both Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Paid VacationIncludes 2-weeks vacation per year, which increases after 5 years and 10 years of service
Holiday PayIncludes 12 paid holidays per year
Retirement BenefitsIncludes 401(k) with Contribution Matching and Profit Sharing
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.