Purchasing / Project Coordinator
This salaried position involves working with SEW-EURODRIVE employees, vendors, & contractors on a daily basis. Purchasing, negotiating, decision making, and general business skills will be used with an emphasis on projects related to corporate & local purchasing functions, facility management, construction, and environmental health & safety.
Experience and Educational Requirements
1. Actual Tasks:
- Collaborate with and Assist Purchasing Manager, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, and EH&S Coordinator with varying projects.
- Identify, research, and select capable vendors, general contractors, and service providers.
- Negotiate and manage price, delivery, and quality of purchased goods & services.
- Create and transmit Purchase orders to domestic and international vendors.
- Develop detailed scope and bid documents for contractors & vendors.
- Prepare cost comparisons to aid in the awarding of jobs and/or contracts to vendors.
- Oversee and direct contractors working onsite, including janitorial and canteen service providers.
- Manage company/fleet vehicles, including preventative maintenance, service, and repairs.
- Meet with vendors to evaluate performance and negotiate pricing/terms as needed.
- Resolve non-conformance parts issues and misc. quality issues with vendors.
- Expedite purchases and follow up on late shipments with vendors.
- Provide basic training and assistance to other purchasers in manufacturing and assembly buildings.
- Assist with the startup, training, and launch of newly purchased systems and machines.
- Must have very strong computer & office skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other office software & equipment.
- Basic understanding of accounting functions.
- Must be mechanically minded, and firsthand experience with construction and/or maintenance is a plus.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proficient with SAP purchasing programs.
- Must be able to conduct value analysis and cost comparisons.
- Must be able to negotiate with vendors.
- Must be willing and able to attend career enhancement courses.
- Must be willing to handle situations outside the normal purchasing function.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing