Receiving/Stocking Clerk - 1st Shift
This position involves the receiving of goods into the warehouse organizing it in such a manner as optimize the use of inventory for production according to ISO 9002 procedures while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Receive materials into the warehouse using established procedures.
- Check materials against the packing list to assure proper parts and accurate verification of count.
- Organize materials to be stocked in a timely fashion.
- Deliver materials to appropriate departments and stock locations as required.
- Deliver receiving documents to appropriate individuals so that timely computer updates are achieved.
- Check parts visually for defects and take appropriate action.
- Submit low inventory notices to alert inventory to potential shortages.
- Fill out scrap tickets on items which are found to be defective and repull part.
- Utilize transport lists to locate parts not yet stocked.
- Notify inventory control of discrepancies in the warehouse.
- Restock locations with appropriate parts from receiving or excess locations and submit location changes to Inventory Control as necessary.
- Label parts thoroughly and accurately including country of origin.
- Receive stock to location using transport lists or other receiving documents.
- Rotate stock when practical.
- Perform location counts when required by inventory control.
- Maintain stock locations and labels as required.
- Safely operate a fork lift and other material handling equipment.
- Perform inspection checks on powered lift trucks.
- Schedule trash pick up.
- Assist shipping department as necessary.
- Recycle shipping supplies.
- Issue bulk stock for assembly (hardware, etc.).
- Assist packer as necessary.
- Develop improvement techniques.
- Train other employees and temporary employees in stocking and general warehousing procedures.
- Assist other departments as work load dictates.
- Inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Be aware of required ship dates and expedite to meet all dates.
- Understand and follow requirements of US Customs as it relates to inventory.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations. Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
Ability to operate a telephone (intercom), copier, pallet jack, forklift.
Have the ability and desire to be cross trained into other areas
.Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to company supervisors or managers.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing