IG Assembly Shop-Inventory Handler
Position involves all aspects of the IG assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, pulling parts, assembling, repair/restock, packing, shipping /receiving and general clean up. The main focus of the position at this time involves putting up and pulling inventory stock.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Hands on putting up inventory stock as received from SEW affiliates and domestic suppliers.
- Hands on parts pulling, prepping and staging of parts for parts orders and shop assembly orders.
- Use company truck to pickup/delivery parts and units to/from Lyman plants.
- Packaging, shipping/receiving and general clean up.
- Operate material handling equipment such as, but not limited to, various types of forklifts and cranes.
- Use computer for inventory/shipping/receiving in SAP & Swisslog systems.
- Verify compliance of parts received by using shop measuring tools and documentation.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop if necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Develop a basic understanding of all SEW gearmotor products.
- Operate safely standup and sit-down style forklifts.
- Operate safely overhead cranes and associated rigging equipment.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Basic computer skills including MS office.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Ability to learn SEW-EURODRIVE products, including technical details.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing