Tool Room (3rd Shift)
Primary focus at this time is to rebuild and service both housing, and gear fixtures. Assist at the Service Gate for the needed parts from the Tool Room’s inventory stock, tool settings and ability to perform the basic operation of manual lathes, mills, drill presses, band saws, tool sharpeners, bore and broach machines, to ensure the manufacturing production is operating at optimum levels.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Must be able to fully service and trouble shoot all Fixtures within the Manufacturing facility.
- Ability to accurately measure and bend tubing to conform to various designs and shapes of the fixtures for functionality and clearance purposes.
- Must assist with the Tool Room’s service door as fellow employees are requiring components and machining assistance to keep Manufacturing processes moving in a forward direction.
- Must be willing to assist on the Production Floor and aid in the installation of fixtures or any other equipment if required.
- Must be able to navigate the SAP Inventory system and all processes associated within to ensure accuracy of inventory is maintained at all times.
- Set-up and run all Tool Room equipment including Grinding, Turning, and Milling Machines.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely, accurate manner.
- Perform daily minimum preventive maintenance of machines.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have aptitude required to understand and apply directions for operating various machinery.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Must have experience setting up and operating CNC equipment for a minimum of 2 years. Experience with robotics is a plus.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be familiar with the metric system.
- Must be able to machine all types of parts.
- Must be able to move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
- Ability to work within SEW-EURODRIVE production environment with exposure to all kinds of oils, and various chemicals (complete list available upon request).
- Work in Lyman Manufacturing plant.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, Monday – Friday. When requested, must be able and willing to work other shifts.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Reports to the Tool Room Supervisor.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing