Motion Control Product Engineer/Specialist
To assist the SEW-EURODRIVE sales staff to support and sell SEW-EURODRIVE electro-mechanical products via technical application support as well as knowledge of the market.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Develop strategies and product comparisons for promoting SEW-EURODRIVE Electronic and Mechanical products in those industries, being careful to share that information for use in other areas where similar industry exists and may benefit.
- Develop an understanding of the major markets in his or her area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical documentation in a current and orderly manner.
- Accompany SEW-EURODRIVE technical staff as well as Industry Account Managers to pre-qualified accounts to discuss, in-depth, the SEW-EURODRIVE products (mechanical and electrical) which will best suit the application needs for that customer.
- Assist with regional training needs and provide ongoing complete product training for inside engineering and sales personnel.
- Size and sell electro-mechanical drive systems in a cost conscious manner. This requires knowledge of important application characteristics such as those found, for example, in winding, indexing and hoisting applications.
- Support SEW-EURODRIVE technical staff and customers in the startup, commissioning, and programming of SEW-EURODRIVE electronic drives.
- Attend regular training on SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Self-train on SEW-EURODRIVE electro-mechanical products on a continuous basis.
- Report issues regarding pricing or features of electronic products to the TASC specialist in Lyman for incorporation into future products. Relay customer complaints and observations about the electro-mechanical products and documentation in the same way.
- Develop training and documentation materials for customer training courses as required.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW-EURODRIVE’s entire product line.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C, basic, PLC or other similar languages.
- Must be able to apply SEW products (mechanical, electronic, electrical).
- Must be able to attend technical training meetings, seminars and trade shows as requested.
- Technical or Electronics degree preferred, or 5 years’ direct experience.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to company supervisors or managers.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
- Work within SEW-EURODRIVE office environment with ability to operate equipment including telephones, computers, and fax machines.
- Work in DeSoto office as required.
- Must be able to meet all customer safety requirements including the passing of any mandatory drug screening
- Remain continuously within the normal work area.
- Position requires regular and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Ability to work within plant/production environment at SEW-EURODRIVE locations and customer facilities performing sales/service/repair work. Will be exposed to various industrial environments.
- Ability to work within SEW-EURODRIVE environment with exposure to chemicals, oils/greases (list available upon request), and various types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to travel in various modes of transportation for extended periods of time including, but not limited to an automobile or airplane.
- Reports to the DeSoto Operations/ Sales Manager
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing