Human Resources Assistant Manager
Currently the position involves aiding in the timely and accurate administration of HR, including assisting in reconciling confidential information for the Retirement Plan, Group Health Plan, Business Insurance and other miscellaneous deductions. Help employees with issues and changes. Assist in administration of benefits. Completion of special projects and all other related functions. This is a salaried position.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Lead/Conduct some investigations that come from the Corporate Hotline.
- Perform various reconciliations weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually including, but not limited to: Supplemental Life Insurance, Group Health Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Care.
- Conduct HR/Payroll/Benefit and/or Accounting related audits for Lyman and other facilities.
- Assist/back up for Filing Equal Employment Opportunity Reports annually.
- Assist in Administering business insurance renewals and policies, file claims, and follow-up as necessary.
- Assist the auditors and Benefits Analyst in preparation of the 5500’s for the Group Health Plan and Retirement Plan annually.
- Assist in administration of Group Health Plan, including compiling required reports.
- Back up in all areas to Corp HR Specialists.
- Assist in reviewing and verifying new COBRA rates.
- Age Bracket changes for Supplemental Life Insurance: maintain spreadsheet, review and reconcile all information to update new rates into payroll system
- Fixed cost invoice: review and reconcile all information in invoice before processing.
- Assist employees with any questions or issues they may have on a daily basis.
- Aid in employee issues/complaints.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions, full-time, part-time, co-ops, temporary jobs, and coordinate interns.
- Conduct new hire orientations and Workday Onboarding as back-up (Wellford/Corp).
- Complete background checks: employment, criminal, motor vehicle, credit reports, and e-verifications on new hires as back-up.
- Update and maintain job descriptions.
- Assist in updating the Summary Plan Descriptions and Employee Handbook when necessary, as well as HR forms.
- Assist in administering Corporate Apartment.
- Complete verification of employment requests.
- Maintain 1094 and 1095C’s with all IRS required information
- Conduct and participate in wage, benefit, and other surveys.
- Assist in maintaining Certificates of Insurance.
- Comply with all legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain communications as needed with employees via meetings, written notices, including composing and posting bulletin board notices.
- Communicate and liaise with Legal Counsel as appropriate regarding all HR matters and initiatives to ensure compliance with legal and Company requirements.
- Communicate and field questions and requests from other sites.
- Assist in Planning, coordinating, and administering Supervisors’ Training.
- Assist in maintaining Company's compliance with Federal, State and other HR-related regulations and statutes.
- Occasionally participate in job fairs and other recruitment efforts.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to Scan and File, including confidential employee paperwork.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be good with math; accounting background preferred
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Credit report must be acceptable to SEW-EURODRIVE.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods, and occasionally stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of five years direct experience. Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, HCM, and other programs as necessary.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
- Work within SEW-EURODRIVE office environment with ability to operate equipment including telephones, computers, and fax machines.
- Work in Wellford office.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 1 hour for lunch and breaks combined.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing