Regional Sales Service Specialist
To assist the SEW-EURODRIVE sales staff to support and sell SEW-EURODRIVE Service, Maintenance and CDM projects.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Develop strategies for promoting SEW-EURODRIVE and the sales of service, maintenance and CDM projects all areas where SEW-EURODRIVE products are installed.
- Develop an understanding of the major markets in his or her area of responsibility.
- Visit customers to promote SEW-EURODRIVE and the sales of service activities.
- Develop customer agreements of the service, maintenance, CDM project and Pickup and Delivery Services offered by SEW-EURODRIVE.
- Assist with regional training needs so that staff is aware of SEW service activities and how to support customer needs
- Assist in coordination and management of Authorized Service Centers or Partners
- Perform CDM project management and coordination with customers.
- Performing on site surveys of SEW components including but not limited to competitor equivalent units to define a SEW-EURODRIVE replacement.
- Define a streamlined process with contacts to effectively and expeditiously service and replacement of SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Visit customer sites to perform data collection for CDM projects.
- Coordinate with other SEW-EURODRIVE personnel for support of data collection of CDM projects.
- Conduct customer trainings on handling of the CDM database.
- Support sales staff and develop price quotations for CDM agreements for customers.
- Develop strategies for changing out obsolete products to new products.
- Setting up the customer’s factory structure in the CDM database.
- Monitoring and processing of CDM database messages.
- Coordinate SEW’s Pickup and Delivery service related to service activities.
- Monitor agreement periods and maintenance them.
- Attend regular training on SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Self-train on SEW-EURODRIVE products on a continuous basis.
- Develop training and documentation materials for customer training courses as required.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to attend technical training meetings, seminars and trade shows as requested.
- Technical or Electronics degree preferred, or 5 years’ direct experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Service / Maintenance.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to work in various customer production environments, i.e., mining, automotive, amusement parks, food and beverage plants etc.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Essential to be adept at handling heavy equipment (up to 50 tons) with the aid of lifting devices.
- Essential to be experienced with rigging.
- Ability to operate various test instruments, i.e., multimeters, oscilloscopes
- Must have experience with hydraulic tools and presses.
- Mechanical Technical Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and other technical documents.
- Must exhibit good logical technical knowledge.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing