Maintain established sales activity and increase new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products to end users and distributors. Maintain a view toward growth and long-term relationships with all customers and associates while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Promote the sale of SEW-EURODRIVE products in a cost-conscious manner.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and training programs designed to maintain existing sales and increase new sales to end users and distributors.
- Provide training to non-authorized SEW distributors with national account contracts, to authorized SEW distributors, and to end-user accounts. Training includes the understanding of SEW products, nomenclature, website tools, PT Pilot, and SEW ordering processes.
- Provide technical support and answers for distributors who are enrolled in the SEW online distributor training program.
- Provide reports, market trends and/or industry needs as required by the Company to maintain and increase business.
- Occasionally help conduct equipment surveys with end users, which may require bending, reaching, lifting, climbing, or strenuous activity.
- When entertaining customers remain within the guidelines established by SEW-EURODRIVE.
- Follow all SEW-EURODRIVE safety rules and all rules in effect when visiting customers or any other non-SEW-EURODRIVE facility. Prescribed training includes, but is not limited to all issues covered by SEW-EURODRIVE office employees plus “lockout-tag-out” procedures.
- Maintain an office with the minimum equipment of telephone, telefax, answering machine, and PC with internet access.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or to engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Coordinate and organize local trade shows and seminars with product demonstrations and promotional hardware.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent experience in power transmission industry.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Minimum of 6-12 months experience in SEW customer service department.
- Possess strong overall organization and office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Possess a working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word software programs.
- Understand and use the communication techniques as outlined in the Sandler Selling Program.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate precisely and persuasively in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW-EURODRIVE’s entire product line.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the Company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
- Ability to work within SEW-EURODRIVE production environment with exposure to all kinds of oils, and various chemicals (complete list available upon request) performing sales/service/repair work. Work within various customer facilities performing sales/service/repair work. Will be exposed to various industrial environments.
- Work in office environment.
- Ability to travel in various modes of transportation for extended periods of time including but not limited to an automobile or airplane.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area.
- Position requires regular and punctual attendance and ability to work outside normal working hours as required, including weekends.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Reports directly to the Regional Operations/Sales Manager.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing