Industrial Preventive Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Repair - 2nd shift
Currently the position involves electrical and mechanical routine and preventive maintenance and repair of machines and plant building.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Perform preventive service on mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment when requested.
- Read prints, identify needed parts, check availability of parts, and order when necessary.
- Refill oil and coolants as needed in the course of working on equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning properly before leaving assigned task.
- Use measuring tools, hand and power tools, utility equipment and AMP/Volt Meters (AC/DC).
- Drive and operate forklift.
- Care and upkeep of all tools and equipment assigned.
- Accurately complete maintenance logs, work orders, weekly maintenance worksheets, and other paperwork requested by the Company.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have aptitude required to understand and apply directions for operating various machinery.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to insure quality work.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours, climb ladders when necessary and work in tight places.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must have knowledge of welding.
- Must have knowledge of basic industrial maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC's and CNC controls.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and electronic prints.
- Must be able to work with PM and spare parts inventory.
- Must be able to perform geometric alignment on all types of equipment.
- An Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance or mechatronics training is strongly preferred. Prior experience performing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic troubleshooting and repairs on CNC machinery and equipment is preferred.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Ability to work within SEW-EURODRIVE production environment with exposure to all kinds of oils, and various chemicals (complete list available upon request).
- Work in Lyman Manufacturing plant.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, Monday – Friday. When requested, must be able and willing to work other shifts.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing