Customer Service Technician Electronics
Position involves providing a high level of technical and sales assistance to SEW-EURODRIVE customers, potential customers and associates in order to maintain established sales activity and generate new sales within corporate guidelines. Customers and associates will be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and businesslike attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Attain and keep current with the knowledge and skills required to provide information, service and assistance.
- Be available as assigned to accept all calls in a professional manner, and determine the nature of the call. Take all-possible action including research, working with computer, completing forms and other follow-up to expeditiously insure that complete, accurate information and service is provided.
- Obtain required information and respond when necessary to complete action on inquiries/requests received.
- Work in Electronics Assembly shop and support personnel in assembling units
- Responsible for ensuring shop inventory/non inventory stock is kept in proper locations.
- Use SEW-EURODRIVE software applications to set up electronic drives and print labels.
- Pull parts for assembly, test, set-up, and document standard electronics unit orders and parts orders.
- Package product for preservation of the product from shipping to the customer.
- Work actively with inventory and put away weekly airfreight shipments of inventory and non-stocked parts.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and associated computer data/order entry to accomplish required actions.
- Edit orders accurately for input into SAP-CRM /Configurator.
- Work with production department to coordinate the release of orders, expediting, and checking for parts shortages and coordinating the arrival of purchased parts.
- Work with inventory and purchasing departments coordinating the proper allocation and procurement of parts.
- Work with the engineering department to insure accurate and timely communication in meeting customers’ needs.
- Closely monitor production and daily reports to ensure that orders ship on time.
- Carrying the assembly electronics afterhours phone in a rotating weekly shift.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on factual information received by analyzing and appraising customer needs.
- Ability to learn and utilize the computer and work within the SAP-CRM System. This also includes PC software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Ability to understand and apply the basics of power transmission and variable frequency drives, associated nomenclature and catalog information in order to meet customer needs and processing procedures.
- Ability to effectively train and mentor associates and customers as needed.
- Ability to provide installation, commissioning and troubleshooting assistance as pertains to SEW-EURODRIVE electronic and electrical/mechanical products.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronic Technology (or similar applied science discipline) is required.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Work within SEW-EURODRIVE office environment with ability to operate equipment including telephones, computers, and fax machines.
- Work in Lyman office.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 1 hour for lunch and breaks combined.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
- Normal tasks accomplished at a desk where the employee is required to sit for extended amounts of time.
- Must be capable of accessing files, and moving and lifting binders and reports. At times job may require working in the Assembly plant or at customers’ locations.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing