2nd & 3rd Shift - CNC Machine Operators - Horizontal Machining Center
Currently the position involves set-up and operation of the CNC Horizontal Machining Center on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Set-up and operate CNC machines and other types of equipment as requested.
- Must be able to use all gauges to complete inspection of parts.
- Keep accurate and timely records required in job.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area, and properly use and maintain the equipment.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have aptitude required to understand and apply directions for operating various machinery.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Must have experience setting up and operating CNC equipment for a minimum of 2 years. Experience with robotics is a plus.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- Ability to work within SEW-EURODRIVE production environment with exposure to all kinds of oils, and various chemicals (complete list available upon request).
- Work in Lyman Manufacturing plant.
- Remain continuously within the normal work area, except for formal break times.
- Position requires regular, predictable and punctual attendance and ability to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Normal work hours are 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, Monday – Friday. When requested, must be able and willing to work other shifts.
- Wear OSHA approved personal protective equipment (PPE) where required by Company policy or where necessary as dictated by safe practice.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing