Accounts Payable Clerk
Currently the position involves various clerical office tasks, mainly within the Accounting Department.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Process invoices for payment. Put together package, including receiver, purchase order and dock receipt.
- Verify purchase order is coded to the correct GL code.
- Obtain proper authorizations for FB60 transactions
- When/if paying off of duplicate paperwork or old invoices, verify duplicate payment has not been paid.
- Answer vendor inquiries.
- Investigate vendor price discrepancies.
- Review duty invoices for accuracy and verify all invoices are declared.
- Post affiliate account payable invoices
- Input data into SAP in a timely manner, so that late payments do not occur and discounts are taken.
- Scan/file accounts payable packages and maintain account payables files.
- Sort mail.
- Assist in backing up other areas of the accounting department as needed.
- Process re-imbursements to employees for safety shoes with in SEW’s guidelines.
- Responsible for petty cash
- Must comply with all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Credit report must be acceptable to SEW-EURODRIVE
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis
- Must have an understanding of sales and use tax.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have knowledge of SAP.
- Must have accurate data entry and math skills.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing