Technical Buyer - Logistics
This position involves, but is not limited to, responsibilities within the IG Logistics department, consisting of procurement of required parts for customer orders and supplies to support the IG Assembly facility and provide interdepartmental technical support.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Material Master Setup & maintenance
- OSM (Order Scheduling Material Master) processing
- OSDS (Order Scheduling Declined Special) processing
- CO24 Missing Parts monitoring
- Purchasing Requisition processing
- PO creation - Domestic and International
- Work with Accounting to resolve PO issues
- Monitor open/late POs
- Information record creation/maintenance
- Source list creation/maintenance
- Supplier chain development (Couplings, Lubrication Systems, Bearings, Base Frames, Motors etc).
- Supplier assessments
- Resolve non-conformance part issues with suppliers
- Coordinate subcontracting process with suppliers
- Coordinate Import shipments from SEW affiliates with freight forwarder
- Process SEW Affiliate invoices, post GR, create inbound deliveries
- Monitor and resolve PO IDOC
- Process bulk issue sheet
- Assist with cycle counts as needed
- Generate inventory analysis reports within SAP for safety stock analysis
- Provide Engineering/technical assistance within the department
- Support expedited requests
- Follow safety rules for lockout–tag out, safety glasses, etc. as required by OSHA in SEW–EURODRIVE facilities as well as customer’s facilities.
- Complete required documentation completely, promptly and accurately.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW–EURODRIVE’s entire product line and other Industrial Gear products.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing and indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal, and work independently.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have Engineering, machine shop or technical work experience.
- Technical Degree, AS or BS, in mechanical field preferred.
- Must be able to sit, occasionally stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, data sheets, dimension drawings, price books and other technical documents.
- Ability to research, read and understand SEW work standards as well as International standards (ISO, DIN, ASTM, etc.)
- Must have knowledge and/or understand fabrication processes of various types of parts.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Ability to proficiently use calculator, PC and other office equipment.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required, as well as other software.
- Must have accurate data entry and math skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing