Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist
This position involves, but is not limited to, responsibilities within the Assembly Purchasing/Inventory Control Department, consisting of clerical duties, and procurement of required parts for customer orders, and supplies to support the Assembly facility.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Create inbound deliveries for German/Brazil containers and airfreight for assembly and electronics.
- Work up containers for Germany and Brazil.
- Work up airfreight for Germany and Brazil for assembly and electronics.
- Create Germany/Brazil/Lyman Manufacturing and Domestic purchase orders in SAP.
- Forward German/Brazil Invoices 10+2 customs documents for customs broker.
- Process OSDS (Order Scheduling Declined Special) in CRM.
- Analyze parts in MRP.
- Order parts – interplant, Germany, Brazil, domestic.
- Keep special parts up to date.
- Check on late orders Domestic/German/Brazil.
- Work with Salesman and Vendors.
- Process Low Notes.
- Process Norm sheets.
- Process Scrap report.
- Create TAN numbers for assembly and electronics.
- INFO records.
- Source List.
- Process IDOC in SAP for assembly and electronics for Germany/Brazil/USA (purchase orders that have been changed by the vendor.)
- Process C024-parts shortage report.
- Back order process.
- Monitor VL06- parts with red lights that can’t leave the building.
- Work with RGA to put parts back in stock for credits.
- Research problems with purchase orders for Accounts payable.
- Help CS with parts shortages and problems.
- Help Supervisor with various reports.
- Month End reports.
- Cross training within department.
- Aid in conducting year-end physical inventory, if needed. (This includes keying tickets, proofing of ticket entry, and other help where needed.)
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Credit report must be acceptable to SEW-EURODRIVE.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to use Word and Excel is required, as well as other software.
- Must have accurate data entry and math skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures.
- Must possess a general knowledge of Purchasing/Inventory functions.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing