District Sales Manager - North & South Dakota Area
Maintain established sales activity and increase new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products in a defined geographic territory within corporate guidelines. Accounts are to be managed with a view toward growth and long-term relationships with all customers and associates, while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude. In addition, periodically you are required to perform certain service-related tasks at customer locations.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Develop and manage sales strategies and programs designed to increase sales.
- Develop strategies and product comparisons for promoting SEW-EURODRIVE Electronic and Mechanical products in those industries, being careful to share that information for use in other areas where similar industry exists and may benefit.
- Develop an understanding of the major markets in his or her area of responsibility.
- Pre-Qualify and accompany SEW-EURODRIVE technical staff and other sales staff to accounts to discuss, in-depth, the SEW-EURODRIVE products (mechanical and electrical) which will best suit the application needs for that customer.
- Entertain customers within the guidelines established by SEW-EURODRIVE.
- Develop training and documentation materials for customer training courses as required.
- Be able to achieve an understanding of a customer’s application(s) and business so that sales growth is enabled and achieved.
- Size and sell SEW-EURODRIVE products in a cost conscious manner.
- Provide technical, promotional and sales support to direct OEM and User accounts.
- Provide training and sales support to authorized distributors within the guidelines of the Distributor Policy in order to increase sales and serviceability of SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Establish and maintain a schedule for contact with customers that will generate continual sales from new, as well and existing customers.
- Occasionally inspect and effect repairs of SEW-EURODRIVE products, which may require bending, reaching, lifting, climbing, and strenuous activity.
- Coordinate and organize local trade shows and seminars with product demonstrations and promotional hardware.
- Provide reports, market trends and/or industry needs as required by the Company to maintain and increase business.
- Attend regular training on SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Self-train on SEW-EURODRIVE products on a continuous basis.
- Maintain technical documentation in a current and orderly manner.
- Maintain an office with furniture, office equipment and the necessary tools including telephone and internet access.
- Follow all SEW-EURODRIVE ISO Quality and Work Instructions, Safety Rules and all rules in effect when visiting customers or any other non-SEW- EURODRIVE facility. Prescribed training includes, but is not limited to all issues covered by SEW-EURODRIVE office employees plus “lockout-tag- out” procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or to engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing