Requires significant experience with Cisco Unified Communications for IP based Voice/Video/Communications systems. Hands on is a must. This job includes the deployment of all computer and network hardware, operating systems, and client software. It also includes user support.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Recommend to the IT Manager, specifications for all network and computer hardware, infrastructure, operating systems, and client software, consistent with Company standards and in support of Company’s business goals.
- Recommend policy changes to the IT Manager, as business needs or the legal environment changes.
- Work with counterparts in Germany to implement companywide policies/changes/updates.
- Source, purchase, configure and implement all network and computer hardware, infrastructure, operating systems, and client software.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain all file, print, communication servers and other required servers in Data Centers.
- Troubleshoot network, infrastructure, computer, and software issues.
- Provide help-desk level support to all users
- Process and maintain server backups consistent with Company policy (Arcserve).
- Keep licenses current.
- Maintain inventory of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct telephone system issues.
- Provide extensive user support for user questions and the solving of user problems.
- Provide user training as necessary.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the Assembly Plant power users including network and infrastructure activity.
- Maintain UPS systems in Lyman/Wellford. Ensure backup generator is properly maintained and tested by Lyman Maintenance.
- Coordinate all long distance, MIS and MPLS network contracts.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Participate in on call rotation with IT team.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 (AD, DNS, DHCP, etc.), Windows OS (10), Exchange (2016), VMWare ESX, SAN.
- Experienced with Cisco IOS (routers, switches, Wireless, ASA) VLANS and network security. Certifications are preferred, but actual hands-on is a must.
- Must have experience with wireless networks in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications for IP based Voice/Video/Communication systems. Hands-on is a must.
- Familiarity with MS SQL and Oracle.
- Must be comfortable troubleshooting/resolving issues/errors on software/systems where direct knowledge may not exist.
- Must be able to meet deadlines for project implementation.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must perform duties in a manner that is professional, diplomatic, team oriented and which displays sensitivity toward the user (customer).
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
- All of the above standards and requirements are based on today’s sales and service needs, the Company’s current methods and technologies, and will change from time to time at the Company’s discretion.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing