This job entails the deployment of all computer and network hardware, operating systems, and client software. It also includes user support. This job is an exempt salaried position.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Recommend to the IT Manager, specifications for all network and computer hardware, infrastructure, operating systems, and client software, consistent with Company standards and in support of Company’s business goals.
- Recommend policy changes to the IT Manager, as business needs or the legal environment changes.
- Work with counterparts in Germany to implement companywide policies/changes/updates.
- Source, purchase, configure and implement all network and computer hardware, infrastructure, operating systems, and client software.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain all file, print, communication servers and other required servers in Data Centers.
- Troubleshoot network, infrastructure, computer, and software issues.
- Process and maintain server backups consistent with Company policy (Arcserve, VEEAM).
- Keep licenses current.
- Maintain inventory of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct telephone system issues.
- Support portable communication devices (phones, IPAD, etc.).
- Provide extensive user support for user questions and the solving of user problems.
- Provide user training as necessary.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the Assembly Plant power users including network and infrastructure activity.
- Maintain UPS systems in Lyman/Wellford. Ensure backup generator is properly maintained and tested by Lyman Maintenance.
- Coordinate all long distance, MIS and MPLS network contracts.
- Review security camera recordings and provide video/images to law enforcement and Company Management when requested.
- Provide backup support for security system.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (AD, DNS, DHCP), Windows OS (7+), Exchange (2016), VMWare ESX, SAN.
- Experienced with Cisco IOS (routers, switches, WiFi, ASA) VLANS and network security. Certifications are preferred, but actual hands-on is a must.
- Familiar with Cisco Unified Communications for IP based Voice/Video/Communication systems, MS SQL and Oracle.
- Must be comfortable troubleshooting/resolving issues/errors on software/systems where direct knowledge may not exist.
- Must be able to meet deadlines for project implementation.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must perform duties in a manner that is professional, diplomatic, team oriented and which displays sensitivity toward the user (customer).
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing