Facilities Maintenance Technician
Provide service and support needed to keep all buildings & grounds systems up and running.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Coordinate and conduct preventative maintenance and repairs on all buildings & grounds and infrastructure.
- Assist with the installation of new machinery and equipment.
- Read prints, identify needed parts, check availability of parts, and order when necessary.
- Assure all equipment is functioning properly before leaving assigned task.
- Use measuring tools, hand and power tools, utility equipment, and AMP/Volt Meters (AC/DC).
- Care and upkeep of all tools and equipment assigned.
- Accurately complete maintenance logs, work orders, weekly maintenance worksheets, and other paperwork requested by the Company.
- Must be able to work with outside Contractors.
- Must work closely with the IT department.
- Must make sure that all work is performed to code.
- Perform inclement weather tasks.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Maintain a clean work area, and clean up after repairs and/or installation work.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations. Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and electronic prints.
- Must have high level of experience in welding and fabrication.
- Must be experienced and efficient in industrial pipe fitting/welding.
- Must be able to repair and install all types of plumbing fixtures, lines, connections, etc.
- Must have knowledge of basic industrial maintenance.
- Must be able to rig, set, and install heavy machinery.
- Must have basic knowledge of electricity and industrial electrical systems.
- Must be capable of assisting with the installation of cabling/conduit.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing ladders, and working in tight places in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to insure quality work.
- Must be able to efficiently and safely operate cranes, man lifts, and powered industrial trucks.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing