IG Sales & Systems Design Drafter
Perform engineering and design assistance, supporting with creation of dimension drawings, coordination with suppliers, parts list generation as well as order based technical documentation.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have Mechanical /Technical Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience with Industrial Gears and Industrial Gear Systems components.
- Generate manufacturing drawings of Industrial Gear Systems components and coordination with suppliers (e.g. bed plates and swing bases).
- Generate customized project outline, assembly and detail drawings.
- Perform order based technical approvals on supplier drawings and order acknowledgements.
- Perform cost evaluations.
- Generate order based technical documentation for Industrial Gear Systems.
- Generate parts lists for assembly for ATO’s (Assembly to Order) and ETO’s (Engineered to Order).
- Produce order based technical documentation as spare parts lists, compiling manuals and operation instructions for complete Industrial Gear System Packages.
- Inspect supplier parts and customer supplied parts.
- Coordinate with Inventory and Order Fulfillment.
- Provide technical support to Industrial Gear Assembly.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations. Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have good Solid Works knowledge or other software required for the job.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and other technical documents.
- Ability to read customer technical specifications.
- Prefer knowledge in and use of SEW-EURODRIVE engineering programs.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing