Customer Service Manager
Currently, the position involves providing technical and sales assistance to SEW-Eurodrive customers, potential customers, and associates. To manage and enable the receipt of orders and inquiries, to maintain established sales activity, and generate new sales within corporate guidelines. Customers will be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and businesslike attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Prefer Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of five years direct supervisory experience.
- Supervise customer service including receptionist and invoicing position.
- Understand and manage the editing of orders as required for manual or computer entry.
- Assure that we prepare timely quotations of all SEW products.
- Expedite orders as requested by customers.
- Support field salesmen in their efforts to service customers.
- Report catalog and literature errors for corrections.
- Support assembly personnel by answering questions, training and providing rapid response to problems.
- Assist accounting in maintaining customer files and routing methods.
- Advise Operations/Sales Manager of contact with any potential customer.
- Answer telephones as required.
- Maintain accurate data bases for use in customer service via ISO procedures. Items include, but not limited to: Catalogs; Customer Files; Distributor Lists; Price Lists; SPI’S – Special Pricing Instructions; GFI’s – General Factory Instructions; Special parts prices, costs, vendors & delivery; Special motor price lists; Inverter units & parts lists; Parts Lists
- Check parts stock as required to assure timely delivery of parts and/or unit orders.
- Purchase special parts and motors as required.
- Write production and interplant orders as required.
- Identify and quote units for surveys as requested.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized work area.
- Pursue sales. Keep fax, email, and verbal quotes up to date, advise sales managers of sales leads and set appointments as appropriate.
- Maintain complete and accurate records for orders, nameplates and microfiche.
- Schedule accurately and reasonably through knowledge or records of product line, inventory and production load.
- Assist with warranty calls in the absence of Engineers and Operations/Sales Manager.
- Develop improvement techniques.
- Train other employees as requested.
- Obtain safety MSDS documents when required.
- Work within and maintain company policy. Ensure disciplinary actions are taken when appropriate, and that all Company rules, policies, and procedures are followed within area of responsibility. Inform Management, including HR of any violations of Company policy.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assure a safe work environment for all employees. Resolve any safety issues in the workplace and/or report any unsafe findings to Management.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping, including time-keeping for employees.
- Give merit reviews to all employees under direct supervision per Company policy.
- Develop employees for future possible growth and succession planning.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal and communicate precisely and persuasively.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW – Eurodrive, Inc.’s entire product line.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing