Electronics and Controls Application Engineer - Chicago area
Provide application expertise to SEW-Eurodrive personnel and customers for the purpose of maintaining established sales activity and increasing new sales of SEW-Eurodrive products within the Corporate guidelines. Customers are to be handled with a view toward growth and long-term relationships while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have a BSME, BSEE or equivalent education plus experience. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Assist SEW-Eurodrive DSM’s and customers with application expertise including both electronic and electrical design engineering.
- Assist inside sales with: requests for quotes and orders for nonstandard product assemblies/modifications to ensure product is technically acceptable and has a low risk of failure, with ratings and technical data on nonstandard products, and training on new products and/or product changes.
- Assure technical compliance by reviewing drive specifications and job requirements as supplied by customers.
- Generate schematics for special applications.
- Catalog and maintain technical information relating to SEW-Eurodrive products and applications.
- Generate assembly instructions and assist production as required.
- Requisition special parts for customer specific orders as required.
- Generate scope of operations for control systems.
- Generate training material for and conduct maintenance and product seminars.
- Provide technical, promotional and sales support to all customers and SEW-Eurodrive DSM’s.
- Make field service calls to review applications and failures.
- Provide selection and pricing assistance to SEW-Eurodrive personnel and customers.
- Handle complaints of field failures and evaluate products returned for warranty analysis, document inspections/complaints, generate reports and administer warranty decisions in accordance with SEW-Eurodrive established procedures.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Occasionally travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Occasionally stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and SEW-Eurodrive customer service procedures.
- Ability to understand nomenclature and number assignments of the SEW-Eurodrive products.
- Must become knowledgeable in the applications of the customers’ equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in and use computer programs including CAD, word processing, database and engineering.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing