Sales Support and Development Specialist
Provide the SEW-EURODRIVE sales force with support to improve customer relations. Maintain established sales activity and increase new sales of SEW-EURODRIVE products in a defined geographic territory within corporate guidelines. Accounts are to be managed with a view toward growth and long-term relationships with all customers and associates while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude. In addition, periodically you are required to perform certain service-related tasks at customer locations.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Assist District Sales Managers and Customer Service with creating quotes.
- Assist with plant installed base surveys.
- Develop, facilitate and perform customer training & “lunch and learn” events.
- Assist District Sales Managers with project management, prospecting and CRM contact management.
- Visit customers with District Sales Managers and other SEW-EURODRIVE personnel.
- Facilitate and perform joint customer visits with Distributor sales force.
- Develop and manage sales strategies and programs designed to increase sales.
- Develop an understanding of the major markets in his or her area of responsibility.
- Pre-Qualify and accompany SEW-EURODRIVE technical staff and other sales staff to accounts to discuss, in-depth, the SEW-EURODRIVE products (mechanical and electrical) which will best suit the application needs for that customer.
- Entertain customers within the guidelines established by SEW-EURODRIVE.
- Be able to achieve an understanding of a customer’s application(s) and business so that sales growth is enabled and achieved.
- Develop the ability to size and sell SEW-EURODRIVE products in a cost conscious manner.
- Assist District Sales Managers to provide technical, training, promotional and sales support to direct and indirect customers including OEMs, Users, Distributors and Resellers.
- Assist District Sales Managers with the support authorized distributors within the guidelines of the Distributor Policy in order to increase sales and serviceability of SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Establish and maintain a schedule for contact with customers that will generate continual sales from new, as well and existing customers.
- Occasionally inspect and effect repairs of SEW-EURODRIVE products, which may require bending, reaching, lifting, climbing, and strenuous activity.
- Coordinate and organize local trade shows and seminars with product demonstrations and promotional hardware.
- Provide reports, market trends and/or industry needs as required by the Company to maintain and increase business.
- Attend regular training on SEW-EURODRIVE products.
- Self-train on SEW-EURODRIVE products on a continuous basis.
- Maintain technical documentation in a current and orderly manner.
- Maintain an office with furniture, office equipment and the necessary tools including telephone and internet access if applicable.
- Follow all SEW-EURODRIVE ISO Quality and Work Instructions, Safety Rules and all rules in effect when visiting customers or any other non-SEW-EURODRIVE facility. Prescribed training includes, but is not limited to all issues covered by SEW-EURODRIVE office employees plus “lockout-tag-out” procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or to engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Applicants should demonstrate a record of success.
- Prefer Associates Degree or one year direct experience in industrial sales, preferably with power transmission/motion control products or two years’ experience in other sales or customer service.
- Ability to communicate precisely and persuasively.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW-EURODRIVE’s entire product line.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonable could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the Company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to Company supervisors or managers.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing