Production Coordinator Expeditor
Position involves all aspects of being the liaison between the Customer Service, Inventory and Assembly shop departments and providing accurate information regarding status details when a customer is requesting confirmation of an order.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Must be customer service driven.
Review all orders for conformity and verify all documentation is in place (phone notes, shop order deck, and any Special Parts information, etc.) prior to releasing the shop order into production. (Resolve in a timely manner when non-conformances are found.)
Scan the orders to make the data nameplates, and place them along with the documentation within the correct shop packet.
Maintain a list of scheduled orders, late orders, and special handlings to ensure on-time delivery status is met.
Address non-conformances by communicating promptly and as far in advance as possible to customers, Sales Reps and CS Reps when shop orders are placed on hold or delayed. In some cases this may require a change in ship date, ship-to address or any other information to ensure the customers’ needs are met.
Requires interactions with all departments of Assembly including Shop, Customer Service, Sales Administration, Engineering and Inventory.
Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
- Ability to learn SEW-Eurodrive products, including technical information and understanding build time/minutes for proper scheduling purposes.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing