The position involves counting, measuring, and weighing parts to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, or storage receipts and general warehouse clean up.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Identify, tag, look up parts location, fill empty home location and store inventory components in receiving. This includes German/Brazil containers and all domestic parts.
- Examine parts for defects and sort parts according to extent of damage.
- Maintain the inventory in a manner that preserves the products both in quality and quantity necessary for keeping accurate counts (recordkeeping).
- Load and unload trucks/containers with forklift.
- Must visually inspect all paperwork as necessary. Ensure parts/quantities are accurate against packing list (detail-oriented).
- Process incoming RGA orders and work with RGA Administrator if necessary.
- Process all incoming products/input receiver entry into the purchasing system.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness and maintain daily equipment check list.
- Keep & maintain a daily log of all incoming goods.
- Perform daily cycle count.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
Ability to learn and utilize the computer and work within their applications (i.e. emails, SAP, and MS Excel).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
Ability to develop improvement techniques.
Ability to learn SEW-Eurodrive products, including technical details.
Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork lift, overhead crane, or other motorize/manual equipment.
Fork lift experience preferred.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing