Position involves all aspects of the assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, assembling, repair/restock, wash/prep/paint and general clean up. The main focus of the position at this time is assembly of reducers and motors. Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience is required, including a background in hand assembly.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Hand assembly of gear motors, reducers, and adjustable drives, maintain parts stock between assembly lines, putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, restock, wash/prep/paint and general clean up.
- Assemble unit per shop deck specifications.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, circlips, or other fasteners.
- Use SEW assembly tools to assemble product.
- Operate drill presses, arbor presses, hydraulic presses, pneumatic tools and various hand tools to assist in assembly operation.
- Use calipers, depth and paint mileage gauges.
- Maintain hardware stock at the work area and keep work area clean and free of debris.
- Must visually inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop.
- Meet the company’s minimum production requirements for standard build times per unit.
- Initial shop deck before moving unit down assembly line.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Ability to learn SEW-Eurodrive products, including technical details.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing