Team Leader - Assembly Shop - 2nd shift
Position involves leading and directing all aspects of the assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, assembling, repair/restock/warranty evaluations, testing and service, wash/prep/paint, packing, shipping /receiving and general clean up. Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience is required, including a background in hand assembly and logistics.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Hand assembly of gear motors, reducers, and adjustable drives, maintain parts stock between assembly lines, putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, repair/restock/warranty evaluations, testing and service, wash/prep/paint, packing, shipping/receiving and general clean up.
- Direct personnel in daily activities.
- Monitoring of daily work progress.
- Assign various jobs within assembly shop.
- Help coordinate the workflow on the floor to optimize the output of the shop.
- Give feedback on personnel reviews as required.
- Use calipers, depth and paint mileage gauges.
- Must visually inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to learn SEW-Eurodrive products, including technical details.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing