Application Engineer - Industrial Gear Sales & Systems
Provide sales support and application engineering for projects and key accounts within the Industrial Gears division of SEW-Eurodrive.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Mechanical Engineering bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
3-5 years Power Transmission Industry experience preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in estimating or quoting preferred.
- Evaluate customer specifications for technical and commercial feasibility and risk mitigation.
- Perform drive selections, including SEW-Eurodrive and third party products, to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Evaluate industrial drive selections considering SEW-Eurodrive guidelines, calculation tools, and pricing policies.
- Generate quotations based on established policies within acceptable time periods.
- Generate drive assembly 3D models and dimensional drawings for quotations and customer approval.
- Review incoming orders for technical accuracy.
- Manage order changes and provide technical support for orders in process and already delivered.
- Work closely with Project Coordinator and other departments to ensure timely processing of orders.
Key Account Support
- Collaborate with Sales Managers to evaluate won/lost orders and document findings to improve project quotation hit rates.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Customers to achieve drive standardization and optimization.
- Develop strong, professional working relationships with key accounts.
- Provide technical, promotional and sales support to Product Managers, Sales Managers, OEM, Distributors and User accounts.
- Coordinate with SEW-Eurodrive international facilities for technical and logistical support.
- Support SEW-Eurodrive industrial gear training activities.
- Develop advanced knowledge of SEW-Eurodrive calculation programs.
- Develop advanced technical knowledge of SEW-Eurodrive industrial gear products and accessories.
- Develop advanced application engineering knowledge related to SEW-Eurodrive industrial gear applications.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Occasional travel up to 25% on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas, including the possibility of overnight stay for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Project management experience preferred.
- CAD and 3D modeling training or experience preferred.
- Computer programming knowledge and skills preferred (VBA, HTML).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and other technical documents.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing