Currently the position is to provide product application assistance to sales/customers for the purpose of maintaining and increasing new sales at new and existing accounts.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent education and direct experience.
- Provide high quality certified drawings, parts lists and operating instructions as required.
- Support field salesmen in their efforts to service customers.
- Report catalog and literature errors for corrections.
- Support SEW and customer personnel by answering questions, training and providing rapid response to problems.
- Maintain accurate information of product improvements and changes and communicate when and where appropriate.
- Specify special parts and motors as required.
- Work on product development (enhancement).
- Provide modification drawings/documentation for product modifications.
- Keep fax and verbal responses up to date, advise sales managers of sales leads and set appointments as appropriate.
- Administrate warranty decisions and procedures.
- Handle service problems.
- Develop improvement techniques.
- Train other employees and customers as required.
- Evaluate all products returned for warranty analysis, document inspections/complaints, generate reports and administer warranty decisions in accordance with SEW-Eurodrive established procedures.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Understand the SEW – Eurodrive, Inc. Quality Statement and perform job functions as outlined by ISO 9002 procedures.
- Must conduct contact with customers in a manner which will encourage sales from new, as well as existing customers.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW – Eurodrive, Inc.’s entire product line.
- Determine and service the customer’s needs to the best of his/her ability and within the guidelines of the company.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills, including communicating with large groups up to 50 people.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and SEW-Eurodrive quality procedures.
- Ability to understand nomenclature and number assignments of the SEW-Eurodrive products.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing