Sales Support - Regional Field Specialist
Maintain established sales activities and increase new sales of SEW-Eurodrive products to end users and distributors. Maintain a view toward growth and long-term relationships with all customer and associates while maintaining a consistent and positive business attitude.
Experience and Educational Requirements
2-year college degree or equivalent experience in power transmission industry.
Minimum of 6-12 months experience in SEW customer service department.
- Promote the sale of SEW-Eurodrive products in a cost-conscious manner.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and training programs designed to maintain existing sales and increase new sales to end users and distributors.
- Provide training to non-authorized SEW distributors with national account contracts, to authorized SEW distributors, and to end-user accounts. Training includes the understanding of SEW products, nomenclature, website tools, PT Pilot, and SEW ordering processes.
- Provide technical support and answers for distributors who are enrolled in the SEW online distributor training program.
- Provide reports, market trends and/or industry needs as required by the Company to maintain and increase business.
- Occasionally help conduct equipment surveys with end users, which may require bending, reaching, lifting, climbing, or strenuous activity.
- When entertaining customers remain within the guidelines established by SEW-Eurodrive.
- Follow all SEW-Eurodrive safety rules and all rules in effect when visiting customers or any other non-SEW-Eurodrive facility. Prescribed training includes, but is not limited to all issues covered by SEW-Eurodrive office employees plus “lockout-tag-out” procedures.
- Maintain an office with the minimum equipment of telephone, telefax, answering machine, and PC with internet access.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or to engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Coordinate and organize local trade shows and seminars with product demonstrations and promotional hardware.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Possess strong overall organization and office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Possess a working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word software programs.
- Understand and use the communication techniques as outlined in the Sandler Selling Program.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate precisely and persuasively in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW-Eurodrive’s entire product line.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing