Motion Control Product Engineer/Specialist (Chicago Area)
To assist the SEW-Eurodrive sales staff to support and sell SEW-Eurodrive electro-mechanical products via technical application support as well as knowledge of the market. This position will be located in the Chicago, Illinois area.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Technical or Electronics degree preferred, or 5 years’ direct experience.
- Develop strategies and product comparisons for promoting SEW-Eurodrive Electronic and Mechanical products in those industries, being careful to share that information for use in other areas where similar industry exists and may benefit.
- Develop an understanding of the major markets in his or her area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical documentation in a current and orderly manner.
- Accompany SEW-Eurodrive technical staff as well as Industry Account Managers to pre-qualified accounts to discuss, in-depth, the SEW-Eurodrive products (mechanical and electrical) which will best suit the application needs for that customer.
- Assist with regional training needs and provide ongoing complete product training for inside engineering and sales personnel.
- Size and sell electro-mechanical drive systems in a cost conscious manner. This requires knowledge of important application characteristics such as those found, for example, in winding, indexing and hoisting applications.
- Support SEW-Eurodrive technical staff and customers in the startup, commissioning, and programming of SEW-Eurodrive electronic drives.
- Attend regular training on SEW-Eurodrive products.
- Self-train on SEW-Eurodrive electro-mechanical products on a continuous basis.
- Report issues regarding pricing or features of electronic products to the TASC specialist in Lyman for incorporation into future products. Relay customer complaints and observations about the electro-mechanical products and documentation in the same way.
- Develop training and documentation materials for customer training courses as required.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a positive and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to attend technical training meetings, seminars and trade shows as requested.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing