Electronics Product Application Engineer
Current position is to assist the SEW-Eurodrive regional technical and sales staff (Operations Managers, Engineers, MCPE’s) to support and sell SEW-Eurodrive electro-mechanical products via technical product / application support as well as knowledge of the market.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have a BSEE or equivalent education plus experience.
- Assist SEW-Eurodrive District Sales Managers and customers with application and product expertise.
- Assist SEW Germany with Service inquiries out of Germany to support the US service technicians.
- Transfer product knowledge to US employees (service, (service, District Sales Manager-DSM, Motion Control Product Engineer -MCPE, or others)).
- Generate specifications for new products/program revision, description of functions, and customer benefits in coordination with global sales department launching a new product.
- Maintain technical information relating to SEW-Eurodrive products and applications based upon products assigned.
- Generate material and conduct product seminars/training sessions.
- Provide technical, promotional, and sales support when required.
- Provide selection and pricing assistance to SEW-Eurodrive technical personnel.
- Plan and coordinate major deadlines for development and product introduction.
- Plan product introduction and related product properties while focusing on market, customer benefits, and strategic goals.
- Make field service calls to review applications and failures when required.
- Do start up support and troubleshooting at customer locations.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Occasionally travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Occasionally stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Automation and Controls:VFD knowledge – troubleshooting, sizing; PLC ladder logic, AB, Siemens, or similar.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a positive and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have good presentation skills to speak in front of customers.
- Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and SEW-Eurodrive customer service procedures.
- Ability to understand nomenclature and number assignments of the SEW-Eurodrive products.
- Must become knowledgeable in the applications of the customers’ equipment.
- Must exhibit good logical technical knowledge and organizational skills.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing