The position involves posting cash to our A/R system and handling collection of outstanding receivables.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Associates Degree in Accounting or a minimum of five years accounting experience is required.
- Work up daily cash deposits and bank wire payments posting to customers’ accounts in SAP; record daily to monthly cash logs for Corporate Accounting.
- Research and resolve customer payment discrepancies maintaining a record of all findings and collection efforts.
- Maintain Aging Accounts Receivable Reports.
- Generate Credit Hold List of past due accounts and notify customers.
- Analyze Credit Requests —pricing issues, RGA’s etc, to resolve payment issues.
- Set up and maintain customer accounts.
- Process new customer applications for credit approval and contact credit references.
- Gather records to submit to collection agency for uncollectible accounts.
- Maintain Customer Credit Terms (i.e. credit limits, cash in advance, etc.)
- Record and post Accounts Receivable adjustments to customer accounts in SAP; send separate log for intercompany adjustments bimonthly to corporate Accounting.
- Maintain credit card log to send to Corporate for processing.
- Assist in processing Customer Invoices.
- Back up on entering Account Payable invoices when needed.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a positive and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Must have accurate data entry and math skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to sit, occasionally stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing