Currently this position involves providing legal counsel in a growing Legal Department to SEW-Eurodrive’s operational and service functions with the goal of accomplishing SEW-Eurodrive’s business objectives while minimizing legal and commercial risks.
We are seeking candidates to perform the following functions:
- Provide legal counsel in an array of capacities while minimizing legal and commercial risks.
- Assist with preparation of pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements with customers and vendors.
- Provide legal counsel on employment matters, including matters involving FMLA, FLSA,
ADA, and discrimination.
- Research legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes,
judicial decisions, and codes.
Must have a Law Degree from an accredited Law School and be admitted to practice law in South Carolina or eligible to receive a Special Certificate of Qualification to practice in South Carolina.
Three to five years of legal experience with at least two years in-house experience and one year of law firm experience.
Experience in Employment Law is a plus.
Must have significant experience negotiating and drafting a variety of commercial agreements/contracts.
Ability to resolve legal issues in a manner that allows the business to move forward on the basis of informed and reasonable or controlled risk taking.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include: