Accountant - Fixed Assets
Currently the position involves using advanced accounting skills relating to a multitude of functions within the corporate Accounting department.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Required degree in Accounting or minimum of five years direct experience.
- Perform General Ledger closes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and other General Ledger tasks.
- Conduct account analysis and reconciliations.
- Create other specialized reports.
- Complete Property Tax Returns.
- Prepare Book and Tax Depreciation Schedules.
- Maintain and reconcile the additions and disposals for asset accounts monthly.
- Perform analysis of repairs and maintenance accounts monthly.
- Reconcile prepaid insurance and allocation of expenses as necessary.
- Assist in preparing Company Surveys and other various projects that may arise.
- Must comply with all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Must have knowledge of SAGE Fixed Assets and SAP software.
- Must have knowledge of Fixed Assets.
- Must have accurate data entry and math skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended amounts of time.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing