Tool Room Machinist - 3rd Shift
Currently the position involves set-up and running of all Tool Room CNC and manual equipment including: Lathe, Mill, Cylindrical & Surface grinder, and drill press. Also Fixture repair and tool setting for production.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have experience setting up and operating CNC equipment for a minimum of 2 years. Experience with robotics is a plus.
- Set-up and run all Tool Room equipment including Grinding, Turning, and Milling Machines.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely, accurate manner.
- Perform daily minimum preventive maintenance of machines.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Manufacturing Shop.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have aptitude required to understand and apply directions for operating various machinery.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be familiar with the metric system.
- Must be able to machine all types of parts.
- Must be able to move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing