District Sales Manager - Madison, WI / Rockford, IL / Peoria, IL
Maintain established sales activity and increase new sales of SEW-Eurodrive products in a defined geographic territory within corporate guidelines. Accounts are to be managed with a view toward growth and long-term relationships with all customers and associates while maintaining a consistent and businesslike business attitude. In addition, periodically you are required to perform certain service-related tasks at customer locations.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Prefer Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of five years direct experience in industrial sales, preferably with power transmission/motion control products.
- Follow all SEW-Eurodrive safety rules and all rules in effect when visiting customers or any other non-SEW-Eurodrive facility. Prescribed training includes, but is not limited to all issues covered by SEW-Eurodrive office employees plus “lockout-tag-out” procedures.
- Develop and manage sales strategies and programs designed to increase sales.
- Sell all SEW-Eurodrive products in a cost-conscious manner.
- Provide technical, promotional and sales support to direct OEM and User accounts.
- Provide training and sales support to authorized distributors within the guidelines of the Distributor Policy in order to increase sales and serviceability of SEW-Eurodrive products.
- The priority must be one of becoming involved and achieving understanding of a customer’s application(s) and business so that sales growth is enabled and achieved.
- Establish and maintain a schedule for contact with customers that will generate continual sales from new, as well and existing customers.
- Maintain an office with the minimum equipment of telephone, fax, answering machine, and PC with internet access.
- Entertain customers within the guidelines established by SEW-Eurodrive.
- Occasionally inspect and effect repairs of SEW-Eurodrive products, which may require bending, reaching, lifting, climbing, and strenuous activity.
- Coordinate and organize local trade shows and seminars with product demonstrations and promotional hardware.
- Provide reports, market trends and/or industry needs as required by the Company to maintain and increase business.
- Must comply with all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or to engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Frequently travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. Frequently stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Applicants should demonstrate a record of success.
- Ability to communicate precisely and persuasively.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of SEW-Eurodrive’s entire product line.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Click here to submit your resume.
SEW-Eurodrive is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing