Currently the position is to supervise the accounting department, act as traffic manager, HR manager, and payroll administration. Works closely with other internal departments in our Troy, Ohio Assembly Center, as well as with our Lyman, SC Corporate offices to make sure goals are met.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Prefer Associates Degree in accounting/HR or minimum of five years of experience.
- Supervise HR, accounts receivables, accounts payable, and invoicing.
- Generate and approve credit memos as needed.
- Make decisions regarding the granting of credit terms to customers.
- Act as personnel manager for the Troy location.
- Process weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping, including time-keeping for employees.
- Work within and maintain company policies. Ensure disciplinary actions are taken when appropriate, and that all Company rules, policies, and procedures are followed within area of responsibility. Inform Management, including Corporate HR of any violations of Company policy.
- Give merit reviews to all employees under direct supervision per Company policy.
- Maintain personnel files for the Troy facility and for Sales and Service employees associated with this facility.
- Work with the Shop Supervisor on environmental and safety issues.
- Manage worker’s compensation and related OSHA documents.
- Provide backup as needed for positions in the department.
- Assist with resolving shipping problems.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assure a safe work environment for all employees. Resolve any safety issues in the workplace and/or report any unsafe findings to Management.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Develop employees for future possible growth and succession planning.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a driving record satisfactory to SEW-Eurodrive or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various Locations which may include customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Ability to delegate and direct the work of others.
- Understand and work within the procedures set forth by SAP.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
Step 1: Click here to download and SAVE the SEW-EURODRIVE application for employment.
Step 2: Click the saved file to open it. Complete the application using your computer. Then, resave the file.
Step 3: Click here to submit your resume and application.
SEW-EURODRIVE is an international leader in the power transmission industry. We offer great opportunities and an excellent 100% paid group health plan for employees. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical Program
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Audio Benefits
- Prescription Drug Card
- Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 12 holidays/year
- Paid vacation
- Retirement Plan, including 401(k)
and Profit Sharing